Polynesian Adventure Tours - Kauai Movie Adventure
This tour is fun for both movie buffs and also if you are interested in an island sightseeing tour that takes you to the most beautiful locations on Kauai. Sights include locations along the Wailua River, Opaeka'a Falls and Hanalei Valley pier and lookout. You’ll also get to see video scenes from various Hollywood movies and visit or view the exact spots of the shoots. Your Kauai movie tour guide will entertain and inform you along the way.
- Ahukini Landing - a pier at the mouth of Hanamaulu Stream and a popular fishing spot, Pagan Love Song and Donovan’s Reef were filmed here
- Lydgate Beach - enclosed from the ocean by two rock ponds, Elvis filmed Blue Hawaii as it offers a picturesque backdrop
- Opaeka'a Falls - a beautiful waterfall that cascades into a hidden pool below, featured in the Wackiest Ship in the Army and Blue Hawaii
- Kilauea Point Lighthouse Overlook - at the northernmost tip of Kauai, the lighthouse is famously seen in Lilo and Stitch and serves as a beacon for ships in the 1970s
- Kapa'a Town - a quaint town on the east side of Kauai where the famous dinosaur “egg-change” took place in Jurassic Park
- Hanalei & Hanalei Pier - a charming town rich in history, surrounded by taro patches and art galleries
- Tahiti Nui Restaurant - the George Clooney film The Descendants was filmed here
- Where and When:
- Hotel pick-up is provided from major Kauai hotels. Enter the name of your hotel at time of reservation. The exact pick-up time depends on where you are staying and will be emailed with your confirmation (Princeville area hotel pick-ups are unavailable).
Pick-ups range from 7:00 am to 8:05 am depending on hotel location.
Return approximately between 2:25 - 2:45 pm.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- There will be an opportunity to purchase lunch in Hanalei town.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday & Sunday
- Approx. 7 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned bus with Polynesian Adventure tours. Mini bus holds 25 passengers. Large bus holds 52 passengers. Bus depends on how many people booked the tour.