Kauai Backcountry Adventures - Mountain Tubing Adventure
This is a fun tubing adventure unique in all of Hawaii. Equipped with an inner tube and a head lamp, you’ll float down a historic irrigation ditch and through several amazing tunnels and flumes engineered and hand dug around 1870. Along the way, enjoy great views of Kauai’s lush rainforest, mountains and valleys. After your Kauai tubing adventure, your tour guide will lead you to a beautiful picnic area nearby for a delicious lunch. Then enjoy a refreshing swim in a natural swimming hole.
Your confirmation will have your exact tour start time listed. To ensure we can get you booked for this popular activity, you have the following timing options to choose from:
- Any Available Time - we will book you for the first available time
- Morning - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 7:00 am and 9:30 am
- Mid-Day - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm
- Afternoon - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm
If a time within your selection is not available, we will contact you about other available times. IF YOU NEED A SPECIFIC TIME, please call or email to speak with an agent about availability.
- Float down historic irrigation ditch and through several tunnels
- Great views of Kauai’s rainforest, mountains and valleys along the way
- Swim in a natural swimming hole
- Learn about a part of Kauai’s history
- Water-friendly shoes available for rental
- Wetsuit tops available for rental
Kauai Tubing Adventure
Kauai Backcountry Adventures
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your requested tour time at the Kauai Backcountry Adventures office, located at 3-4131 Kuhio Highway, Lihue, HI 96766. View Map
Look for the wooden fence and a sign that says "Kauai Backcountry Adventures."
- Participants must be 5 years and older AND 43" (110 cm) or taller.
Weight limit is 300 pounds.
Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older. Those 16-17 years old may attend the tour without an adult, however, a parent must come in to check in the minor and sign a waiver.
Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic or those with back, hip or knee problems.
Women in first trimester pregnancy may participate with written physician approval.
- Special Notes:
- You can rent a wetsuit for $10.00 or buy one for $30.00.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- Approximately 3 hours
- Kauai Backcountry
- Tube, gloves and headlights provided.