Kayak Adventures - Guided Waterfall Adventure
Enjoy a guided 2-mile kayak tour on the Wailua River and see beautiful sights along the way. Paddle past the Kamokila Hawaiian Village, where the movie Outbreak was filmed. Next we’ll hike for about three quarters of a mile through a tropical rainforest, which was once reserved for Hawaiian royalty. Your tour guide will show you ancient Hawaiian sites and will point out the various flora and fauna.
This tour also takes you to the beautiful 125-foot Uluwehi Falls, also known as Secret Falls. Here you can play under the waterfall, swim and enjoy a deli lunch.
- Guided Kauai kayak tour on the Wailua River
- Short hike through a tropical rainforest
- Visit beautiful Uluwehi Falls
- Picnic lunch
- Chips, cookies and bottled water
Kauai Waterfall Adventure
Kauai Kayak Adventures
- Where and When:
- Check in is between 7:45 am and 8:45 am.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE NORTH: South on Hwy 56 to Kapaa. Go thru 4 traffic lights. Turn left before Coconut Marketplace sign onto Aleka Loop. Turn right behind the marketplace and follow Aleka Loop. Drive thru the entrance of Islander on the Beach Resort to Kayak Adventures. We are located in the Islander Shops between Trees Lounge and Snorkel Depot.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SOUTH: Hwy 50 thru Lihue thru a series of 12 traffic lights. At 13th light turn left onto Hwy 56 N towards Wailua/Kapaa. Cross Wailua River bridge (double bridge) go through 2 traffic lights, turn right into Coconut Marketplace onto Aleka Loop. Turn right behind the marketplace and follow Aleka Loop. Drive through entrance of Island on the Beach Resort to Kayak Adventures. We are located in the Islander Shops between Trees Lounge and Snorkel Depot.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
Participants must be at least 5 years old.
Tour consists of 4 miles of easy paddling and 1.5 miles of hiking.
- Special Notes:
- Deli lunch, chips, cookies, bottled water and dry bag are provided
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- 4.5 hours
- Kayak Adventures
- 12 participants
- Provided: Ocean Zest double kayaks with supportive seats, lightweight aluminum paddles and children's paddles. Each kayak has life jackets and a dry bag backpack. There is one single kayak available as well.