Luau Kalamaku - Kilohana Plantation
Please note there are
multiple Marriott Resorts on Kauai. For guests staying at the Kauai
Marriott Resort and Beach Club, the luau is closer to the resort than
any pick up location offered!
Conveniently located just outside of Lihue on the tropical grounds of the historic Kilohana Plantation, the Luau Kalamaku is truly an unforgettable experience. This traditional Hawaiian luau begins with arts and crafts demonstrations, island games and the imu ceremony, followed by a delicious buffet dinner. After dinner, sit back and watch a spectacular Polynesian revue that features twice as many dancers and entertainers than any other luau on Kauai! It was recently named “Best Luau Show” by Lonely Planet.
Gold Luau: Luau Kalamaku's exclusive Gold Package includes premium seating, so you can experience our theatrical show so close to the stage that you can feel the heat from our famous fire dancers!
5:00-6:30: Enjoy craft demonstrations & Hawaiian games
5:30-6:10: Catch a ride on the Kauai Plantation Railway (additional charges apply)
5:00-7:30: Open bar
6:15-6:30: Imu ceremony
6:30-7:30: Dinner, dessert, coffee, live music and traditional hula
7:30-8:15: Main show - Kalamaku
8:15-8:30: Photo session with the cast
Luau Kalamaku Buffet:
- Kauai Fresh Green Salad with Choice of Two Dressings – Romaine Lettuce, Organic Red Leaf, Cucumber, Tomato and Red Radish VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Papaya Seed Dressing – Fresh Papaya, Papaya Seeds, Clover Honey, Mayonnaise, Lihing Mui (Dried Plum), Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper, Buttermilk (Eggs) VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Fresh Basil, Sugar, Aji Mirin (Rice Wine), Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Potato Macaroni Salad – Potatoes, Macaroni, Onion, Celery, Garlic, Green Onion, Mayonnaise, Green Peas, Salt and Pepper (Eggs) VEGETARIAN
- Vegetarian Tofu Salad – Tofu, Fresh Tomato, Red Ogo, Maui Onion, Yamasa Shoyu, Powdered Ginger, Sugar, Aji-Mirin (Rice Wine, Glucose Syrup, Corn Syrup, Salt) and Sesame Oil VEGAN
- Fresh Pineapple and Papaya Platter – Hawaiian Grown Pineapple, Locally Grown Sunrise Papaya VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Lomi Lomi Salmon – Tomatoes, Diced Salmon, Onions, Green Onions, Salt GLUTEN FREE
- Taro Rolls – Taro, Wheat Flour, Yeast, Water, Food Color and Eggs, Served with Honey Butter VEGETARIAN
- Vegetable Chow Mein – Chow Mein Egg Noodles, Bok Choy, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Bell Peppers, Wonbok, Garlic, Shoyu, Lemon Juice, Sambal (Chili Paste), Sesame Oil, Soybean Oil, Vegetable Base, Sugar VEGETARIAN
- Steamed Jasmine Rice – Aromatic Thai Jasmine Rice, Star Anise, Salt, Water, Lemongrass VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Hawaiian Smashed Purple Sweet Potatoes – Kauai Grown Purple Sweet Potatoes, Butter, Coconut Milk, Half and Half, Nutmeg, Salt and Pepper VEGETARIAN ~GLUTEN FREE
- Yellow Curry Ratatouille – Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Carrot, Baby Corn, Chinese Long Bean, Fresh Ginger, Lemongrass, Yellow Curry Paste, Fresh Garlic, Coconut Milk, Kaffir Lime Leaf and Thai Basil, Vegetable Base, Salt, Soybean Oil VEGETARIAN
- Teriyaki Chicken – Marinated Chicken Thighs in Shoyu, Ginger, Garlic, Water and Sugar. Top with Teri Glaze: Shoyu, Ginger, Garlic, Water, Sugar and Corn Starch
- Pan Seared Mahi Mahi (Fish) with Tartar Sauce – Fillet of Mahi, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled White Vinegar, Molasses, Water, Sugar, Onions, Anchovies, Salt, Garlic, Cloves, Tamarind Extract, Chili Pepper Extract), Salt, White Pepper, Flour, Lemon Juice and Eggs
- Kalua Pork – Whole Pig Roasted Underground in and Imu (Hawaiian Earth Oven) Wrapped in Banana Leaves, Salt, Liquid Smoke GLUTEN FREE
- Rice Pudding with Dark Rum Sauce – Pudding (White Rice, Condensed Sweetened Milk, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Unsalted Butter, Salt) VEGETARIAN
- Rum Sauce – Water, Dark Rum, Unsalted Butter, Salt, Lemon Juice, Corn Starch, Brown Sugar VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Haupia – Coconut Milk, Sugar, Salt and Corn Starch VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Banana Cream Pie – Butter, Sweetened Coconut Flakes, Eggs, Salt, Sugar, Corn Starch, Half and Half, Vanilla, Crème de Banana, Egg Whites VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Topping (Fresh Pineapple, Brown Sugar, Unsalted Butter, Dark Rum, Cornstarch), Cake Milk, Unsalted Butter, Eggs, All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt, Comes with a Dollop of Whipped Cream VEGETARIAN
Plantation Owner's Evening Option:
Luau Kalamaku is presenting a combination of their luau show and a True Taste of Kauai, a specialized dinner at Gaylord's Restaurant at Kilohana.
Schedule of the evening:
5:00 pm: Fresh flower lei greeting & check-in at the plantation home
5:15 pm: Champagne reception
5:25 pm: Four-course dinner at Gaylord's Restaurant featuring signature items
6:45 pm: Shopping at the galleries and boutiques inside the plantation home will be available
7:05 pm: Torch lit walk to the Luau Pavilion and a stop at the Mango Bar for a Mai Tai or glass of wine
7:30 pm: Premium reserved seating at Kalamaku, the luau show
Plantation Owner's Evening Dinner Menu
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 5:00 pm.
Luau Kalamaku is located at 3-2087 Kaumualii Highway,
Lihue, HI 96766 View Map
If you are on the south or west side of Kauai, head EAST. Kilohana Plantation is located directly after the Kauai Community College on the left-hand side of the road. Look for the white picket fence. The luau is located next to the Kauai Plantation Railway station at the far left end of the parking lot.
Transportation add-on: Transportation is roundtrip and per person. Depending on the location, pick-up is between 3:30 pm and 4:45 pm. Exact times will be emailed to you. If you are not staying at one of the locations listed below, pick-up will be at the closest location to where you are staying.
3:30 pm: Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas, front entrance by the valet desk
3:40 pm: Alii Kai Princeville, front lobby near Valet Desk
3:40 pm: Cliffs At Princeville, at the front registration area
3:45 pm: Hilton Garden Inn, at the front lobby
3:45 pm: Bali Hai Villas, meet at the Clubhouse
3:45 pm: Ka Eo Kai, at the Clubhouse
3:55 pm: Kauai Coast Resort (Beach Boy), front of the hotel
3:55 pm: Hanalei Bay Resort, at the front entrance of the resort
4:00 pm: Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach, front lobby
4:00 pm: Anaina Hou Community Park, by the bench at the Park 'n Ride (parking: in the park n' ride)
4:00 pm: Makai Club At Princeville, at the main entrance, road-side
4:05 pm: Waipouli Beach Resort and Spa, at the front of the porte-cochere (public parking: turn right upon entering the property)
4:10 pm: Lawai Beach Resort, at the front of the lobby
4:15 pm: Pono Kai Resort, front entrance
4:15 pm: Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach, at the front entrance on Poipu Road
4:20 pm: Sheraton Kauai Resort, at the sidewalk in front of the Ocean Lobby
4:25 pm: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation, at the west gate, upper parking lot of the resort
4:30 pm: Kauai Beach Villas, at the office by the stop sign
4:30 pm: Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, at the 4-way intersection off of Poipu Road, prior to the hotel
4:35 pm: Kauai Beach Hotel & Resort, in front of the lobby
4:35 pm: Point At Poipu, on Pe'e Road in front of the hotel
4:45 pm: Royal Sonesta Kauai Resort, front entrance
4:45 pm: Grand Hyatt Regency Kauai, at the Group entrance
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- A high chair and a mini plate are available upon request for infants.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs. If you require an ADA lift bus, we do require at least 48 hours notice to secure availability. The train ride is ADA accessible.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday & Friday (and Monday during the summer)
- 3.5 hours
- Approximately 700