Polynesian Adventure Tours - Waimea Canyon, Wailua River and Fern Grotto
This Kauai sightseeing tour captures the very best of the island, taking you to three beautiful natural attractions all in one day. You’ll first visit the famed Waimea Canyon, also known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” Enjoy fascinating views of the multi-colored rock walls and the deep green valleys below.
The tour then continues on to the Wailua River, where you’ll enjoy a leisurely boat ride with a stop at Fern Grotto, a fern-covered lava cave that is located next to the river. It is one of Kauai’s natural wonders.
- Waimea Canyon - the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" offers scenic views of deep valley gorges with striking red soil covered in greenery
- Opaeka'a Falls - a beautiful 150-foot cascade
- Spouting Horn Blowhole - crashing waves propel jets of ocean water through lava rock
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout - panoramic views of a valley covered in trees and wild green sugarcane
- Wailua River - narrated 2-mile ride in an open air boat down a meandering freshwater river
- Fern Grotto - walk through a tropical rainforest to a rock cave dripping in ferns and listen to the melodious live performance of the Hawaiian wedding song
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professionally narrated tour
- Lunch at a local's favorite restaurant
Waimea Canyon Lookout
Waimea Canyon State Park
- Where and When:
- Tour time:
7:45 am - 6:30 pm
Hotel pick-up is provided from major Kauai hotels. Enter the name of your hotel at time of reservation. The exact pick-up time depends on where you are staying and will be emailed with your confirmation (Princeville area hotel pick-ups are unavailable).
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday & Wednesday
- Approximately 10.5 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Mini bus has room for 25 passengers. Large bus has room for 52 passengers. Depending on how many people booked this tour, you will travel in either a mini bus or large bus.
- Air-conditioned tour bus