Rainbow Kayak - Wailua River Kayak Tour
Enjoy a guided kayak tour on the only navigable river in all of Hawaii – the Wailua River. This tour ventures beyond the river’s fork, where you’ll stop and hike through a tropical rainforest leading to a 120-foot waterfall. Here you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the waterfall pond. You’ll also be served a delicious picnic lunch. Along the way, your tour guide will share interesting facts about the history and legends of Wailua Valley.
- Guided kayak tour on the Wailua River
- Rainforest hike to a waterfall
- Enjoy a swim in waterfall pond
- Kayak and paddles
- Dry storage & dry bags on kayak for cameras and personal things
- Backpack use
- Personal flotation device
- Picnic lunch: choose from turkey, ham or vegetarian sandwiches or lettuce wraps
- Fresh pineapple, chips, cookies and bottled water
Kauai River Kayaking
Wailua River Kayak Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning tour: 7:00 am - 12:30 pm (check in at 6:50 am)
Afternoon tour: 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm (check in at 12:20 pm)
Starting 01/01/2022, the afternoon tour starts at 12:00 pm (check in at 11:50 am).
Check in at the Islander Shops Unit 3 at 440 Aleka Pl, Kapaa, HI 96746 View Map
DIRECTIONS FROM THE NORTH: South on Highway 56 through Kapaa 1/2 mile past McDonalds in Foodland Center to Coconut Marketplace. Turn left just before the Marketplace at Aleka Loop. Go behind the Marketplace, following Aleka Loop to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Islander on the Beach.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SOUTH: Take Highway 50 past Lihue to Hwy 56 North. Cross Wailua River (double bridge] one mile to Coconut Marketplace and turn right past the Marketplace on Aleka Loop. Turn behind the Marketplace following Aleka Loop to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Islander on the Beach.
- Not available for women who will be 20 weeks pregnant or more on the date of the tour.
This kayaking and hiking adventure is suitable for ages 5 to 75.
Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition.
Expect about four miles of paddling and just over 1 mile of hiking.
Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- Please note trail conditions can vary depending on the rainfall amounts.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Friday
- 5.5 hours
- Rainbow Kayaks
- 12 guests per tour
- Kayak, paddles, dry bag and personal flotation device provided.