Outfitters Kauai - Wailua Waterfall Kayak
This is a guided kayak tour up the Wailua River, the only navigable river in all of Hawaii. You’ll paddle your spacious tandem ruddered kayak deep into the heart of Kauai’s rainforest, through the Wailua River State Park.
You’ll then land your kayak and enjoy a one-mile hike past remains of ancient Hawaiian home sites to a 100-foot waterfall. Here you can cool off if you wish or relax by the swimming hole. You’ll also be served a delicious picnic lunch and then hike back down to your kayak for some more fun paddling.
- Kayak up the Wailua River deep into the rainforest
- Land your kayak and hike past remains of ancient Hawaiian home sites
- See a gorgeous 100-foot waterfall
- Cool off in the refreshing streams
- Delicious lunch - Turkey Watercress Wrap: Smoked
Turkey, Watercress, Cream Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion
and Black Olives in a Tortilla OR Mediterranean Veggie
Wrap: Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Cucumber and Feta
Cheese in a Tortilla
Lunch comes with a pasta salad and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
Wailua River Kayak Tour
Paddle Jungle Stream on Wailua River
- Where and When:
- Check in at 7:45 am at Outfitters Kauai, 230 Kipu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766. View Map
Tour returns around 3:00 pm.
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and weigh under 275 lbs (125 kg).
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles of rugged trail and kayak for 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- This tour leads through the rainforest, so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions. For something that's a lot of fun and a good bit less rigorous, check out Outfitters Kauai's Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Adventure.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- Approx. 7 hours
- Outfitters Kauai