Outfitters Kauai - Paddle Jungle Stream on Wailua River
This is a guided kayak tour up the Wailua River, the only navigable river in all of Hawaii. You’ll paddle your spacious tandem ruddered kayak deep into the heart of Kauai’s rainforest, through the Wailua River State Park.
You’ll then land your kayak and enjoy a one-mile hike past remains of ancient Hawaiian home sites to a 100-foot waterfall. Here you can cool off if you wish or relax by the swimming hole. You’ll also be served a delicious picnic lunch and then hike back down to your kayak for some more fun paddling.
- Kayak up the Wailua River deep into the rainforest
- Land your kayak and hike past remains of ancient Hawaiian home sites
- See a gorgeous 100-foot waterfall
- Cool off in the refreshing streams
- Turkey Watercress Wrap: Smoked Turkey, Watercress, Cream Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion and Black Olives in a Tortilla OR Mediterranean Veggie Wrap: Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Cucumber and Feta Cheese in a Tortilla
Lunch comes with a pasta salad and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
Wailua River Kayak Tour
Paddle Jungle Stream on Wailua River
- Where and When:
- Morning tour: Check in at 7:45 am (return at 3:00 pm)
Afternoon tour: Check in at 11:00 am (return at 6:00 pm). This tour is offered seasonally during the summer months only.
Guests staying in the Poipu area or at west side resorts will check in at Outfitters Kauai, 2827A Poipu Rd, Poipu, HI 96756. View Map
Guests staying at east side or north shore resorts, we will email you pick-up/meeting place information.
Driving directions from the East/North Shore:
Go south on HWY 56. Cross the Wailua River and make an immediate right into the Wailua Marina/Smith's Tropical Paradise. Follow that road back to the Smith's Tropical Paradise (past the Wailua Marina). Park in the single lined paved car spaces to the right of the Smith's Tropical Paradise entrance, not in the bus sized or handicapped spaces. Please wait at your car for the Outfitters Kauai van to pick you up.
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and weigh under 275 lbs (125 kg).
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles of rugged trail and kayak for 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- This tour leads through the rainforest, so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions. For something that's a lot of fun and a good bit less rigorous, check out Outfitters Kauai's Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Adventure.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- Approx. 7 hours
- Outfitters Kauai