Outfitters Kauai - Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Adventure
Enjoy a 2-mile downwind kayak tour on the gentle Hule'ia River through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge. This is a fun tour for kayakers of all ages and abilities. This adventure also includes a 1.5-mile roundtrip nature hike through a fern-covered valley to a series of 3 pool-drop waterfalls with a swimming hole.
Along the way, enjoy scenic views of the Haupu Mountain Range and the 2,000-foot shield volcano that looms over the river. This area is steeped in legend, and your tour guide will share exciting stories about the supernatural inhabitants of the valley in days gone by.
Your adventure ends with a relaxing ride back on a motorized canoe. This tour is easy-going fun and excitement for everyone without a whole lot of work.
- Enjoy a downwind paddle on the Hule'ia River through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge
- Hike lush jungle trails through a fern-covered valley
- See a gorgeous waterfall and swimming hole
- Ride back on a motorized canoe
- Cold bottled water is available throughout the day.
Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Tour
Wailua River Kayaking
- Where and When:
- Check-in at 9:30 am at the Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack, 2494 Niumalu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
Tour returns between 1:00 to 1:30 pm.
Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time.
- Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles on a good forest trail and paddle a tandem kayak together with a partner for 60-90 minutes.
No riders weighing over 260 lbs (118 kg).
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday & Saturday
- Approximately 4 hours
- Outfitters Kauai
- Outfitters Kauai uses tandem, open-cockpit, or sit-on-top style self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest and dry bag to keep your camera dry on your excursion.