Outfitters Kauai - Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Adventure
Enjoy a 2-mile downwind kayak tour on the gentle Hule'ia River through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge. This is a fun tour for kayakers of all ages and abilities. This adventure also includes a 1.5-mile roundtrip nature hike through a fern-covered valley to a series of 3 pool-drop waterfalls with a swimming hole.
Along the way, enjoy scenic views of the Haupu Mountain Range and the 2,000-foot shield volcano that looms over the river. This area is steeped in legend, and your tour guide will share exciting stories about the supernatural inhabitants of the valley in days gone by.
Your adventure ends with a relaxing ride back on a motorized canoe. This tour is easy-going fun and excitement for everyone without a whole lot of work.
- Guided downwind kayak tour on the Hule'ia River through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge
- Hike through a fern-covered valley
- Visit a gorgeous waterfall and swimming hole
- Ride back on a motorized canoe
Your choice of either a turkey or veggie (roasted bell peppers) deli-style sandwich with provolone cheese and a build-your own buffet of condiments, including lettuce, onions, jalapenos, sprouts, tomato and black olives, along with mayo and mustard. Served with fresh garden vegetable pasta salad and a fresh-baked brownie. Cold bottled water and Hawaiian Sun fruit drinks are available throughout the day.
Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Tour
Wailua River Kayaking
- Where and When:
- You will be given the check in closest to your accommodations:
Poipu Area and West Side:
Check in at 8:45 am at Outfitters Kauai, 2827A Poipu Rd, Poipu, HI 96756. View Map
East Side and North Shore:
Check in at 9:30 am at the Kayak Shack at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor. View Map
Returns are normally between 1:00 to 1:30 pm.
Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time.
- Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles on a good forest trail and paddle a tandem kayak together with a partner for 60-90 minutes.
No riders weighing over 260 lbs (118 kg).
- Special Notes:
- Infants are not provided a lunch plate and must sit on adult's lap.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- Approx. 4.5 hours
- Outfitters Kauai
- Outfitters Kauai uses tandem, open-cockpit, or sit-on-top style self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest and dry bag to keep your camera dry on your excursion.