Wings Over Kauai - Grand Deluxe Flight
Soar high with Wings Over Kauai’s Grand Deluxe air tour, taking you over the entire island of Kauai. Starting in Lihue, you’ll first fly southwest to see the remote Kipu Kai beach, which was made famous by Harrison Ford in 6 Days and 7 Nights. Next up is the waterfall that you might recognize from the movie Jurassic Park.
The tour then continues over the majestic Waimea Canyon, also known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” See the multi-colored steep rock walls and lush green valleys. Further north, you’ll reach the spectacular Na Pali Coast with its 3,000-foot cliffs, isolated beaches, waterfalls and sea caves. It’s one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world and known as the “jewel of Kauai.”
You’ll also enjoy great views of Bali Hai, made popular in the movie South Pacific, and the lush Hanalei Valley, which is surrounded by numerous waterfalls. Then fly over the crater below Mt. Waialeale, one of the wettest places in the world, with more waterfalls then you can count.
Only Wings Over Kauai features an expert agricultural narrative (created by owner and chief operating pilot, the research scientist, Dr. Bruce Coulombe). This is a truly unique Kauai air tour! At approximately 65-70 minutes in length, this is the ultimate in fixed wing tours of the Garden Isle.
- Kipu Kai Beach
- Jurassic Park waterfall and Hanapepe Valley
- Waimea Canyon
- Na Pali Coast
- Bali Hai
- Hanalei Valley
- Mt. Waialeale
Kauai Cessna Tour
Great Kauai Plane Tour
Hanalei Bay Air Tour
Scenic Na Pali Coast
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:30 am & 11:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm
Afternoon: departing between 3:00 pm & 4:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure time. Departs from
Lihue Airport, 3651 Ahukini Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
View Driving Directions
Driving directions: Bear left at the 3 flags and turn right at the Air Service Hawaii sign. Free parking is available. The Wings Over Kauai customer counter is located behind the area of orange seats in the terminal facing the parking lot (no sign outside the terminal).
- Per seat weight limit is 300 lbs (136 kg).
Maximum weight limit per flight is 1,100 lbs (499 kg).
Children less than 2 years old fly free of charge. Children (0-23 months) can sit on a parent's lap during the flight.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
Travelers arriving on a cruise ship: You can catch a taxi from the cruise ship port. The Wings Over Kauai check-in office is only a 5 minute drive up the hill.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday to Saturday
- 65-70 minutes
- Wings over Kauai
- The six-passenger Gippsland G-8 Airvan is the ideal plane for touring Kauai's skies. It was specifically designed for observational flights, featuring huge bubble windows for optimal picture opportunities. The plane's bubble windows give you an unobstructed wrap-around view as well as a downward view. Every seat is a window seat. Communication with your pilot, and each other, is easy using the noise canceling bose headsets. You can enjoy the pilot's expertly crafted narration and artfully selected music, ask questions, share stories and have an unparalleled visual experience. The plane is easily accessed through the large sliding door.