Wings Over Kauai - Cessna Tour
Enjoy a Kauai air tour on board a two-passenger Cessna, a great way for couples to see all of the island’s beauty. On this 65-minute tour, you’ll get to the entire island, including top sights such as Waimea Canyon and the Na Pali Coast.
Starting in Lihue, you’ll first fly southwest to see Kipu Kai, the beach made famous in the Hollywood movie 6 Days and 7 Nights. Next up is beautiful Hanapepe Valley and the Jurassic Park waterfall. The tour then continues over the immense Waimea Canyon, also known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.”
Heading north, you’ll fly over the spectacular Na Pali Coast, often called the “jewel of Kauai.” See the hidden valleys and beaches and 3,000-foot cliffs of this otherwise inaccessible coastline. Enjoy the view of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai, as well as numerous waterfalls cascading down Mt. Wai'ale'ale, the wettest spot on earth.
- Starting in Lihue, you'll first fly southwest to see Kipu
Kai, the beach made famous by Harrison Ford in 6 Days and 7 Nights
- Next up is the famous Jurassic Park waterfall in beautiful Hanapepe Valley (weather permitting)
- Fly over the immense Waimea Canyon, the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific"
- Heading north, you'll see the spectacular Na Pali Coastline
with its inaccessible bays, waterfalls, sea caves and cliffs
- Enjoy the view of scenic Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai, as well as numerous waterfalls behind Hanalei Valley
- See the crater below Mt. Wai'ale'ale
- In the winter months, you might also spot humpback whales frolicking in Kauai's waters
Kauai Cessna Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:00 am & 10:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 12:30 pm & 2:00 pm
Afternoon: departing after 3:00 pm (available in the summer only)
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure. Departs from
Lihue Airport, 3651 Ahukini Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
View Driving Directions
Driving directions: Bear left at the 3 flags and turn right at the Air Service Hawaii sign. Free parking is available. The Wings Over Kauai customer counter is located behind the area of orange seats in the terminal facing the parking lot (no sign outside the terminal).
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
Travelers arriving on a cruise ship: You can catch a taxi from the cruise ship port. The Wings Over Kauai check-in office is only a 5 minute drive up the hill.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday to Saturday
- 65 minutes
- Wings over Kauai
- 3 passengers
- The Cessna 172 Skyhawk comfortably carries 2 passengers, one in the front co-pilot seat and the other one in the back seat. The plane is equipped with an interactive communication system with noise canceling headsets that give you the opportunity to share your experience with each other and the pilot in a more private setting. Compared to Wings of Kauais larger AirVan, the Cessna offers a slightly different viewing experience similar to a Van vs. a Sports car. You can see everything, but in a different way. It offers a more intimate experience.