Air Ventures Hawaii - Kauai Entire Island Tour - The Big Kahuna
The Big Kahuna is Air Ventures’ most popular air tour and for good reason – you’ll get to see all of Kauai’s most beautiful sights. Beginning in the southern part of the island, you’ll fly over the ancient Menehune Fishpond and the Waita Reservoir, the largest freshwater body of water in Hawaii. You’ll also get to see Captain Cook’s landing in old Waimea town.
Continuing on, you’ll soar over Waimea Canyon, also known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” As you approach the north shore, the famed Na Pali Coast comes into view. See this coastline’s spectacular 3,000-foot cliffs, sea caves and hidden beaches. See Lumahai Beach, where the movie South Pacific was filmed, as well as Hanalei Valley, which is surrounded by numerous waterfalls. The tour then continues down the east side with more waterfalls on the way back to Lihue Airport.
- Menehune Fishpond
- Waita Reservoir
- Captain Cook's Landing
- Waimea Valley
- Waimea Canyon
- Na Pali Coast
- Lumahai Beach
- Hanalei Valley
- Kilauea Lighthouse
About GA-8 Airvans
- Spacious aircraft (there are no “middle” seats)
- Every seat has an extra-large bubble window
- Slower speed allowing optimal time for viewing Kauai’s beautiful scenery
- Noise reduction headsets
Complimentary shuttle service for cruise ship passengers is available. Please select the transportation option to request it. Transportation is only available for cruise ship passengers.
Kauai Air Tour Map
Air Ventures Hawaii
Kauai Air Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:30 pm
Afternoon: departing between 3:00 pm & 4:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Check in time is 30 minutes before departure time. Departs from the Lihue Airport Commuter Terminal located at 3745 Ahukini Rd, Suite 102, Lihue, HI 96766
- There is a per passenger 350 lbs (158 kg) weight limit.
Any child under 24 months of age is welcome as a lap child at no charge. Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- 60 minutes
- Air Ventures Hawaii
- The six passenger GA-8 Airvan is a very spacious aircraft (there are no "middle" seats) and every seat has a large bubble window specifically designed for sightseeing and photography so everyone can enjoy the view. The airplanes' slower speed allows optimal exposure time for viewing Kauai's most awesome features. And, you'll share the experience with your fellow passengers through two-way noise reduction headsets as your friendly pilot shares the legends and history of Kauai during your flight.