Da Life Outdoors - Waterfall Rappel
This Kauai waterfall rappel lets you walk down two waterfalls that cascade down a cliff. The tour includes some time spent at the rappel training area, where you’ll get a rappel safety lesson and a practice run on a dry wall before heading out for your island adventure.
After a 15-minute nature hike along a private jungle trail next to the Hulei'a Wildlife Refuge, you’ll arrive at the first waterfall, the 30-foot Bamboo Falls. Then test your skills rappelling down the 60-foot Papakolea Falls.
- Tour starts with a safety lesson and practice run on a dry wall
- Nature hike through a tropical forest filled with guava, passion fruit, noni fruit and laua'e fern
- Rappel down the 30-foot Bamboo Falls
- Rappel down the 60-foot Papakolea Falls
- Water, juice, granola bars, chips and cookies
- All rappel equipment needed for tour included
- Where and When:
- Check in at 8:15 am
Check-in location: Da Life Outdoor Gear on Kalapaki Beach next to Duke's Restaurant: 3500 Rice St., Lihue, HI 96766
- This activity is intended for participants who are physically fit and enjoy rugged activities.
Participants must be at least 12 years old. Activity is not recommended for those over 65 years old.
Waist size must be between 23 and 48.
Weight must be between 70 lbs and 250 lbs.
All guests must be able to hike on uneven, slippery terrain.
This tour is not appropriate for people with back problems, recent surgeries, bone/joint problems, heart conditions, or women who are pregnant. Pregnant women are not allowed to participate in the rappel portion of the tour. Those with injuries or issues like listed above or other medical conditions are participating at their own risk.
Loose/baggy tops and jewelry are hazardous and could prevent you from participating in the rappel.
Da Life Outdoors reserve the right to cancel a trip due to safety, weather, or not meeting the minimum tour count required to operate. Da Life Outdoors also reserves the right to refuse a guest if they are unfit in anyway to participate in the tour safely.
It is required that you either use a
swimsuit (women), bareback (men), or fitted top during rappel portion.
No flip flops or sneakers allowed on tour. Da Life Outdoors will have felted bottom shoes available for use on tour if you do not have any.
Limited wetsuit top rentals are also available for those who get cold.
Tour operates rain or shine.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
- Approximately 4 hours
- Harness, Helmet, Rappel Shoes & Dry Bag