Seasport Divers - Dive Ni'ihau
Experience a unique diving adventure in the offshore waters of Ni'ihau, also known as Hawaii’s “Forbidden Isle.” Located 17 miles southwest of Kauai, Ni'ihau is a fantastic destination for certified scuba divers. The northern tip of the island and the crater at nearby Lehua Rock are considered the ultimate in Hawaiian diving.
Your 3 tank diving adventure begins at 6 am with the boat trip from Kauai’s south shore over to Ni'ihau. Breakfast is served on board during the 2.5-hour trip. The first dive of the day is a deep one, either at Vertical Awareness or Keyhole. It’s a lava shelf that’s home to a variety of reef fish, lobsters, octopus and monk seals. At a depth of about 100 feet with unlimited visibility, this dive is short but spectacular.
The second dive site is Super Highways, which has a maximum depth of 60-80 feet. Its prominent feature is the lava formation resembling a highway super structure. Here you are likely to see white tip reef sharks, yellow margin eels and tiger cowries, as well as numerous small caves and swim-thrus. While you are exploring the underwater world, the captain is busy preparing lunch on board.
The third dive site is either Drive-Through Cave or a drift along Lehua Rock. Shallow and relaxed is the theme of this last dive, with a maximum depth of 40-50 feet.
- 3 tank dive in offshore waters of Ni'ihau
- Incredible wall dives, soaring lava pillars, enormous caves and spectacular visibility
- Diverse marine life – spinner dolphins, butterflyfish, angelfish, spotted eagle rays, monk seals, lobster, octopus, tiger cowries and possibly manta rays and sharks (white tip reef, black tip reef and Galapagos)
- Light breakfast, large lunch, snacks, water and juice
- 3 tanks, computer, weights, wetsuit, mask and fins
- Tour led by PADI, SSI or NAUI diving instructor
- Tour includes thorough briefing
Nitrox, BCD and regulator is available for an extra fee.
Please download and fill out this required medical questionnaire and bring it with you to the dive.
Green Sea Turtle
Hawaiian Red Lionfish
- Where and When:
- Check in at 6:00 am at Seasport Divers, 2827 Poipu Road, Koloa, HI 96756 View Map
Tour returns to the Seasport Divers dive shop around 6:00 pm.
- Bring your certification card.
- You must be certified for this dive (certification card must be presented at check-in).
You must have completed at least 30 dives to participate in this tour.
Minimum age to participate is 15 years.
There is a Medical Questionnaire that needs to be filled out and passed to participate in this scuba dive. If participant fails the Medical Questionnaire, a doctor must give a written statement (faxes are OK) that scuba activities are safe and allowed for this participant prior to going scuba diving.
- Special Notes:
- Passage across the Kaulakahi Channel, from Kauai to Ni'ihau and back, can be rough at the best of times. Seasport Divers' Ni'ihau trips are, therefore, only scheduled for the normally calmer period that runs from late spring through early autumn.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesdays and Fridays
- 11-12 hours
- Seasport Divers Kauai
- The Anela Kai is a custom-fitted PRO48 dive boat, U.S. Coast Guard certified for 42 passengers or 30 divers. However, Seasport Divers limits it to only 12 divers for their Niihau scuba diving tour. The vessel is equipped with two hot water showers, a 10-person observation deck, a large covered cabin and two ladders for easy ocean entry and exit.