Luau Maka'iwa - Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort
Held at the Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort just steps from the ocean, Luau Maka'iwa is Kauai’s most authentic luau, featuring one of Hawaii’s best kumu hula (hula teacher) – Leilani Rivera Low. Watch mesmerizing hula kahiko (ancient hula) dances, witness an impressive torch lighting ceremony and listen to ancient Hawaiian legends told through song and dance.
Another evening highlight is the all-you-can-eat Hawaiian luau buffet dinner, which will make your taste buds dance. The table is set with a wide variety of delicacies, from the traditional kalua puaa (roast pork) to fresh island fish, huli huli chicken and vegetable dishes. After the big feast, enjoy a dynamic Polynesian revue.
- Scenic luau grounds on Kauai's Coconut Coast
- Cocktail reception, followed by cultural presentations
- Option to buy an authentic, hand-crafted souvenir
- Torch lighting ceremony
- Sumptuous luau feast featuring a wide variety of island-style delicacies
- Fantastic Polynesian show with award-winning hula, as well as Tahitian, Maori, Tongan and Samoan dances
Standard Seating Inclusions:
- Seating behind the VIP section
- Seating is pre-assigned
VIP Seating Inclusions:
- Seating closer to the stage at round tables (tables seat 8 guests)
- Ladies receive a flower for their hair and gentlemen receive a ti leaf lei
- Seating is pre-assigned
- Green Coconut Curry Mahi Mahi (Fresh Island Fish) *gf, df, pf, sff
- Kalua Pork *gf, df, pf, sff
- Huli Huli Chicken *df, pf, sff
- Kauai Vegetable Chow Mein *df, pf, sff
- Stir Fried Vegetable *df, pf, sff
- Kaffir Lime Scented Calrose Rice *gf, df, pf, sff
- Island Sweet Potato Hash *gf, df, pf, sff
- Lomi Lomi Salmon *gf, df, pf, sff
- Potato Mac Salad *pf, sff
- Salad Bar
- Poi *gf, df, pf, sff
- Rolls *pf, sff
- Papaya Mango Rice Pudding *pf, sff
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake *pf, sff
- Coconut Haupia *pf, sff
- Coffee & Tea Station
Open Bar: open from 5:30pm to 7:00pm (approximately)
- Mai Tais
- Soft Drinks
*Gluten Free =gf, Dairy Free=df, Peanut Free=pf, Shellfish Free=sff
Luau Makaiwa Performers
Aerial of Luau Grounds
- Where and When:
- Check-in at 5:15 pm at the Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort (formerly Courtyard Kauai at Coconut Beach), 650 Aleka Loop, Kapaa, HI 96746. The luau grounds are located at the north side of the resort. View Map
From Princeville, head south on Highway 56. In Kapaa, go past McDonalds and turn left on Aleka Loop (Longs Drugs). Make the first left into Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort and follow signs to Luau parking.
From Poipu, head north on Highway 50 past Lihue to Highway 56 north. Cross over the Wailua River and go past Coconut Marketplace. Turn right on Aleka Loop at Longs Drugs. Make a left turn into Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort and follow signs to Luau parking.
Luau ends around 8:30 pm.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Thursday and Sunday
- 3 hours
- Luau Maka'iwa