Outfitters Kauai - South Shore Sea Kayak Tour
Available mid-September thru mid-May on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Enjoy a guided ocean kayak tour on Kauai’s south shore, from Poipu to Port Allen. It’s a distance of 8 miles with beautiful coastline views as this area is home to some of the island’s most beautiful and remote beaches. The tour includes surf landings on three different isolated beaches.
Launching from the Kukui'ula Small Boat Harbor, you’ll paddle west past the famous Spouting Horn blowhole. After about 45 minutes, we’ll surf our kayaks up on the beach at Lawa'i Kai, the beautiful site of Queen Emma's Summer Home.
Continuing on, we’ll paddle downwind past the white sand beaches and barrier reefs of Palama's Point. For lunch, we land at a special place to relax, eat and play. After another brief paddle, the tour ends and you’ll be driven back to the Poipu resort area.
- Guided kayak tour along Kauai’s south shore
- Paddle from Poipu to Port Allen
- Spectacular views of remote beaches
- Chance to see a variety of marine life, including turtles, dolphins and humpback whales
- Turkey Watercress Wrap: Smoked Turkey, Watercress, Cream Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion and Black Olives in a Tortilla OR
- Mediterranean Veggie Wrap: Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Cucumber and Feta Cheese in a Tortilla
Lunch comes with a pasta salad and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
- Where and When:
- Check in is at 7:00 am at Outfitters Kauai, 2827A Poipu Rd, Poipu, HI 96756. View Map
Tour ends at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old.
Participants must be able to swim and be moderately fit. This is a moderately strenuous open ocean kayak tour.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday and Thursday
- Approx. 8 hours
- Outfitters Kauai
- Outfitters Kauai use tandem, open-cockpit, or, sit-on-top type, self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest and dry bag.