Princeville Ranch - Kalihiwai Falls Hike
Enjoy a guided hike around the pristine lands of Princeville Ranch. This hike goes up “Green Hill” from where you’ll have great ocean and mountain views. The tour then continues to the lowland rainforest and takes you to Kalihiwai Falls, followed by a second waterfall with a swimming hole. Here, you’ll be served a delicious picnic lunch and can enjoy a refreshing swim or float on inner tubes.
The total hiking time is 3 hours and the distance is about 4 miles. It is a moderately strenuous hike. The tour includes rough hewn stairs, stream crossings and a 10-foot rock wall descent.
- Moderately strenuous hike to Kalihiwai Falls, led by an experienced guide
- Option to swim in waterfall pond
- Great photo opportunities
- Picnic lunch: Make your own deli sandwich (with meat and veggie option), potato chips and a cookie
- CPR and First Aid trained tour guide
- Photos for purchase
Princeville Ranch Waterfall
Fun Kauai Hike
Kauai Hiking Tour
Swim in Waterfall Pond
- Where and When:
- Check in by 9:30 am. Tour time: 9:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Check in Office Location is one mile past the Princeville Airport on the ocean side, at the intersection of Kuhio Highway (Highway 56) and Kapaka Road.
The GPS coordinates for the Check-In Office are 22 12.32 - 159 27.44
From Princeville Resorts & North: Princeville Ranch is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway (Rt. 56). If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and the Office is the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. If you are coming from destinations north of Hanalei, follow the highway south into Princeville, and go 1/2 mile past the Princeville Shopping Center. Turn left at Kapaka Rd. at the red and white flags.
From the South: Follow Rt. 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. You will pass the towns of Kapaa, Anahola, and Kilauea. Cross over the Kalihiwai Bridge, and go past Princeville airport about two miles. The Check-In Office is just past mile marker 27, on the right hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Hwy., at the cross road of Kapaka Road. Turn right on to Kapaka Rd. at the red and white flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection. If you get to the Princeville Shopping Center, you've passed the Office by a 1/2 mile.
All no shows and late cancellations will be assessed the full tour fee regardless of the reason.
Participants must be at least 5 years of age and in good physical condition. Pregnant women may not participate.
Children age 16 or 17 can go on Princeville Ranch tours without an adult as long as a parent or legal guardian physically checks in the child at the office and signs a liability waiver.
- Special Notes:
- Tour has a minimum requirement of 2 guests to go out. If a single guest has booked a tour and no other guests have booked the tour for the same day, guest will be notified with the option to pay for a second person's rate in order to go by themselves.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday
Tuesdays & Thursdays are added during peak seasons.
- Approximately 4.5 hours
- Princeville Ranch Stables Kauai
- CPR and First aid certified guides. All guides carry two-way radios and first aid kits.