Holo Holo Charters - Napali Exploration & Snorkel (From Hanalei)
This seasonal tour takes place in the summer months from April through October.
Departing from Hanalei on Kauai’s north shore, this is a fun snorkel tour on board of the Adventurer, a rigid-hull inflatable boat. Cruise along the scenic Na Pali Coast and enjoy spectacular views of 3,000-foot tall sea cliffs, waterfalls, hidden beaches and sea caves. The views are as amazing below the water’s surface, with a wide variety of marine life and beautiful coral gardens. You’ll feel like swimming in a giant aquarium.
Depending on the day’s weather and ocean conditions, you’ll see sights from the Kilauea Lighthouse to Polihale. Snorkeling with likely be at two different locations. As you travel along the coast, keep an eye out for turtles, dolphins and flying fish.
- Snorkel cruise along the beautiful Na Pali Coast
- See many iconic sights of Kauai’s north shore
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Continental breakfast
- Deli lunch
- Water, island juices, soft drinks
- Dry bags and snorkel gear
- Turkey: Cheddar, lettuce, red onion and cucumber
- Ham: Swiss, lettuce and tomato
- Veggie/Vegan: Lettuce, carrot, cucumber, tomato, red onion and avocado
- Sauces: Mayo, mustard, hummus and aioli
- Featuring sandwiches on brioche bun or gluten free bread
- Assorted chips and local Kauai Kookies
Na Pali Snorkel Adventure
Fun Kauai Tour
- Where and When:
- Check in at 7:00 am or 7:30 am at the Tahiti Nui Restaurant in Hanalei. Please arrive 10 minutes before check-in.
From the Tahiti Nui check-in location, guests will be shuttled from Tahiti Nui to the Hanalei Bay Pavilion (about a mile from Tahiti Nui). From here, it is a short walk to the Hanalei Pier (guests will be escorted by a staff member). Footwear will be removed, and all guests will embark on Holo Holo Charter's dinghy, which will shuttle them to the vessel moored in the bay. Guests may get wet up to their knees so best to avoid wearing long pants.
Tour returns at 12:00 pm or 12:30 pm.
Parking at Tahiti Nui is limited and carpooling or a taxi/shuttle service is recommended. Arriving early for parking is suggested too.
Please expect delays when driving in and out of Hanalei. Also there is no parking allowed on Kuhio Highway.
- No expectant mothers.
Children must be 6 years or older.
No guests with pacemakers or defibrillators.
You must bring your prescribed medication with you (i.e. inhalers, epipens, diabetic medication or other daily meds).
Guests should be able to assist themselves onto tour vessel from a dinghy or water.
Non-swimmers are not allowed in the water.
Full face snorkel masks are not allowed due to them not being deemed safe. You must use a traditional 2-piece snorkel & mask set which will be provided or you can bring your own.
Guests should be able to assist themselves onto tour vessel. Not recommended for individuals who have or have had back problems, recent injuries or surgeries, or suffer from severe motion sickness (no refunds are given for sea sickness). Seasickness is best prevented with an over-the-counter remedy.
No smoking of any kind on board the vessel or on the dock.
Drones/unmanned aircraft are not allowed on board the vessel
This is an adventure. Ocean conditions can vary and may turn rough at times. It may not be suitable for some folks (all physically challenged individuals are subject to captains discretion). Snorkeling depends on ocean conditions. We do not land on shore.
Spray-on/aerosol sunscreen is a safety hazard and may not be used on board the vessel. We encourage using reef-friendly sunscreens.
All Holo Holo tours are "bare-foot" - passengers will need to remove their shoes prior to boarding. Only orthopedic/diabetic exceptions will be made at Captain's direction.
All tour routes and destinations are subject to change without notice. Ocean conditions can and will sometimes turn rough. Cancelled tours by Holo Holo Charters are fully refundable or gladly rescheduled.
Holo Holo vessels are equipped with sensitive marine heads (toilets) that will clog if any foreign objects are flushed. If you flush something other than what your body produces and the toilet paper we provide, you may be responsible for the cost of repair.
- Special Notes:
- Fins, goggles (with corrective lenses if you need them), snorkels and flotation aids are all provided.
Expect to get some sea spray on this high speed raft tour. Passing rain showers are not uncommon on the Na Pali Coast. Plan to dress accordingly.
- Operation Days:
- Monday to Saturday from April through October
- 5.5 hours
- HoloHolo Charters
- 40 RHIB "Adventurer" - rigid-hull inflatable boat. Unlike Zodiac-type rubber rafts, RHIB are made with a channeled fiberglass hull that cuts through the waves. They feature twin 225 hp outboard motors that allow for a top speed of 30 knots. The Adventurer has a dive ladder and a freshwater shower.