Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Tour
Experience the very best of Kauai from the famous "Grand Canyon of the Pacific", to a trip up the Wailua River with a visit to the Fern Grotto. Here you will hear a memorable rendition of "The Hawaiian Wedding Song". Tours are conducted by friendly, knowledgeable guides on comfortable air-conditioned mini-buses .
Waimea Canyon and Wailua River, Hanapepe Valley, Spouting Horn Blowhole at Poipu, historic old Koloa.
Other stops and major sights along the way include the Poipu Resorts, Queen Victoria's profile, Russian Fort, Coco Palms Grove, Nawiliwili Harbor, Birth Stone, and Opaekaa Falls.
Transportation and Pick-up Time: Roundtrip transportation from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu hotels. The length of this tour is approx. 9.5 hours long from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu. Pickup is approx. 7:30 am but the exact time of pickup will be emailed to you depending on where you are staying.
Waimea Canyon Lookout
Waimea Canyon State Park
- Where and When:
- Princeville pick-ups: You will be picked up by a smaller bus between 7:00 - 7:15 am and transferred to the larger tour bus once reaching the central/southern side of the island. Your exact pick-up time will be emailed in your confirmation based on your hotel.
Lihue, Wailua and Poipu pick-ups: You will be picked up between 7:30 - 9:00 am depending on hotel location. Your exact pick-up time will be emailed in your confirmation based on your hotel.
Returns at approximately 5:00 - 6:00 pm.
- Due to the elevation of Waimea Canyon, you are not permitted to go to the canyon if you have been scuba diving within the last 24 hours.
- Special Notes:
- Exact pick-up time from hotel will be emailed to you.
- Operation Days:
- 9-11 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Mini bus has room for 25 passengers. Large bus has room for 52 passengers. Depending on how many people booked this tour, you will travel in either a mini bus or large bus.
- Air-conditioned tour bus