Princeville Ranch - Paniolo Horseback Ride
Enjoy a guided horseback ride on Kauai’s north shore that’s ideal for novice riders. This walking only ride at Princeville Ranch features beautiful views along the way as you ride across open pastures. Unlike other horseback riding tours, this tour isn’t the typical nose-to-tail experience. You might even ride through a herd of cows and calves.
Your experienced tour guide will share interesting facts about ranch and paniolo (cowboy) history with you. There will also be stops at scenic lookout points along the way.
- Guided horseback ride on Kauai’s north shore
- Ideal for novice riders as it is a walking only tour
- Ride across open pastures and to special spots with beautiful views
Princeville Ranch has very strict weight/ height ratios for their rides. Please review the chart below to confirm you qualify.
Kauai Horseback Tour
- Where and When:
- Check in at 9:45 am. Tour time: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Check in Office Location is one mile past the Princeville Airport on the ocean side, at the intersection of Kuhio Highway (Highway 56) and Kapaka Road.
From Princeville Resorts & North: Princeville Ranch is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway (Rt. 56). If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and the Office is the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. If you are coming from destinations north of Hanalei, follow the highway south into Princeville, and go a half mile past the Princeville Shopping Center. Turn left at Kapaka Road at the red and white flags.
From the South: Follow Rt. 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. You will pass the towns of Kapaa, Anahola and Kilauea. Cross over the Kalihiwai Bridge and go past Princeville airport about two miles. The check-in office is just past mile marker 27, on the right hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Hwy., at the cross road of Kapaka Road. Turn right onto Kapaka Road at the red and white flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection. If you get to the Princeville Shopping Center, you've passed the office by a half mile.
- 72-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 6 or more.
- Princeville Ranch welcomes riders ages 8 and above.
Weight and height restrictions apply. Maximum weight per rider is 250 pounds (113 kg). Maximum height of 6'5" (195 cm).
Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under 18 must have written consent from a parent.
Riding double on one horse is not allowed. Riders must be in good physical condition and fit comfortably and securely in the saddle.
Princeville Ranch reserves the right to refuse anyone whom we determine is in poor physical condition or in any way impaired so that they are unable to safely complete a Ranch ride or related hike.
- Special Notes:
- Riders must fit within the weight and height ratio on the yellow chart above.
Group horseback rides are walking only. Only on a private ride might guests trot or canter after evaluation by the guide.
Tours go out rain or shine.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
- 2 hours
- Princeville Ranch Stables Kauai
- 4 guests minimum, 7 guests maximum
- All rides are led by professional guides. They are CPR and first aid certified. They all carry two-way radios and first aid kits. Western saddles only. Helmets are available upon requests and required for children 8-12.