Princeville Ranch - Private Guide Horseback Adventure
Enjoy a private horseback riding tour on Kauai’s scenic north shore. Led by an experienced guide, this private horseback adventure lets you customize your tour and also allows for the possibility of some trotting or cantering.
Choose from a shorter 2.5-hour tour or a 3.5-hour tour that includes an optional rainforest hike to Kalihiwai Falls with the option to swim at the waterfall pool.
- Customized private horseback ride on Kauai’s north shore
- Enjoy amazing mountain and ocean views
Kauai Horseback Riding
Enjoy Amazing Kauai Ride
Private Guide Horseback Adventure
Explore Princeville Ranch
Kauai Horseback Ride
- Where and When:
- 2.5 Hour Tour: Check in at 9:15 am. Tour Time 9:30 am to 12:00 pm
3.5 Hour Tour: Check in at 12:15 pm. Tour Time12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Check in Office Location is one mile past the Princeville Airport on the ocean side of Kuhio Highway (Highway 56) in Princeville. Follow the "Princeville Ranch" sign. Located at mile marker 27. Please be aware GPS may take you to the wrong location.
From Princeville Resorts & North: Princeville Ranch is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway (Rt. 56). If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and the Office is the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. If you are coming from destinations north of Hanalei, follow the highway south into Princeville, and go a half mile past the Princeville Shopping Center. Turn left at Kapaka Road at the red and white flags.
From the South: Follow Rt. 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. You will pass the towns of Kapaa, Anahola and Kilauea. Cross over the Kalihiwai Bridge and go past Princeville airport about two miles. The check-in office is just past mile marker 27, on the right hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Hwy., at the cross road of Kapaka Road. Turn right on to Kapaka Road at the red and white flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection. If you get to the Princeville Shopping Center, you've passed the office by a half mile.
- Princeville Ranch welcomes riders ages 8 and above.
Weight and height restrictions apply. Maximum weight per rider is 250 pounds (113 kg). Maximum height of 6'5" (195 cm).
Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under 18 must have written consent from a parent.
Riding double on one horse is not allowed. Riders must be in good physical condition and fit comfortably and securely in the saddle.
Princeville Ranch reserves the right to refuse anyone whom we determine is in poor physical condition or in any way impaired so that they are unable to safely complete a Ranch ride or related hike.
- Special Notes:
- Tour has a minimum requirement of 2 guests to go out. If a single guest has booked a tour and no other guests have booked the tour for the same day, guest will be notified with the option to pay for a second person's rate in order to go by themselves.
Tours go out rain or shine.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- 2.5 or 3.5 hours
- Princeville Ranch
- 2 guests minimum, 7 guests maximum
- All rides are led by professional guides. They are CPR and first aid certified. They all carry two-way radios and first aid kits. Western saddles only. Helmets are available upon requests and required for children 8-12.