Air Ventures Hawaii - Kauai Biplane Tour
This is a truly unique air tour unlike any other in Hawaii. Hop on board the YMF-5 Super, a biplane where you and your flying companion get to side side-by-side in an OPEN cockpit (your pilot sits behind you). Departing from Lihue Airport, this tour takes you around the entire island and features all the top sights, including Waimea Canyon and the remote Na Pali Coast.
- Open cockpit biplane tour – the only one of its kind on Kauai
- Gold Coast of Kauai
- Fern Grotto and the Wailua River
- Anahola mountain range
- Kilauea Lighthouse
- Kilauea River
- Hanalei Valley
- Mt. Waialeale crater and waterfalls
- Kilohana Crater
- South shore beaches of Kipu Kai, Poipu Beach, Shipwreck Beach and Lawai Beach
- Spouting Horn blowhole
- Kauai Coffee, Hawaii's largest coffee plantation
- Manawaiopuna waterfall, also known as the Jurassic Falls
- Waimea Canyon
- Polihale Beach, largest beach in Hawaii at 16 miles long
- Na Pali Coast – 21 miles of uninhabited coastline – including the Honopu arches and Kalalau Beach
- Kauai's only biplane, the YMF-5 Super
- Side-by-side passenger seating
- Nostalgic cloth helmets and goggles
- Modern two-way communication with your pilot
Complimentary shuttle service for cruise ship passengers is available. Please select the transportation option to request it. Transportation is only available for cruise ship passengers.
Tour Route - click to enlarge
Unique Kauai Air Tour
South Shore of Kauai
Kauai Biplane Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:00 am & 1:30 pm
Afternoon: departing between 3:00 pm & 4:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Check in time is 30 minutes before departure time. Departs from the Lihue Airport Commuter Terminal located at 3745 Ahukini Road, Suite 102, Lihue, HI 96766
- Booking requires two passengers.
- Unlike most helicopter tours, this air tour has no passenger weight restrictions.
Passengers must be at least 7 years old.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Actual air tour route may vary based on tower instructions, weather, or any other condition that could affect passengers safety and comfort.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- 60 minutes
- Air Ventures Hawaii
- 2 passengers
- The airplane, a brand new (2017) YMF-5 Super, is specifically designed to carry a pilot and two passengers. While the pilot operates the controls from the rear cockpit, the passengers sit side-by-side in the comfortable OPEN cockpit. Each passenger is provided with a nostalgic cloth helmet and goggles, along with a modern headset that provides continuous two-way communications with the pilot.