Kauai ATV - Makauwahi Cave Tour
Enjoy an ATV tour with Kauai ATVs brand new fleet of Polaris UTVs. This exciting off-road adventure takes you to an ancient limestone cave, which is internationally recognized and attracts archaeologists from around the world. You’ll learn about the cave’s ancient ecosystem, such as the fossils and artifacts found inside.
The tour then continues to Tortoise Ranch and Thousand Year Forest. Along the way, enjoy beautiful views of Kauai’s south shore.
- ATV tour along plantation trails leading to an ancient limestone cave
- Learn about the cave’s ecosystem
- Visit Tortoise Ranch and learn about animal species and native plants
- Hear the tales of King Kamehameha from atop an inactive volcanic crater
- Freshwater fishing – catch and release bass fishing at the Waita Reservoir
- Locally made snacks and beverages
- Shirts, shorts, goggles and helmets
- Pre-ride safety instructions and a safety course orientation
- Free photos of your tour
Makauwahi Cave Reserve Forest Restoration
***The MCR Forest Restoration price is in addition to your tour price or can be purchased alone if you only want to do a planting and not participate in a tour.***
Support Makauwahi Cave Reserve’s native restoration effort by participating in a planting excursion during your tour. Proceeds are donated to Makauwahi Cave Reserve to further their mission of conservation and planting of native Hawaiian and Polynesian plants and providing habitats for endangered plants, birds, and invertebrates. An identification sign with the name of the person/family is made and placed at the reforestation site. A certificate is given to the party/guest to bring home.
If you’re not taking a tour but still want to participate in this special opportunity, you can! Call to see about setting up a time to do just a planting. If you’re unable to work out a timing to do a planting you can still contribute to the effort by purchasing a planting and Kauai ATV will do the planting for you!
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 8:30 am. Tour is from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Check in at Kauai ATV, 3477A Weliweli Rd, Koloa, HI 96756 View Map
- Drivers must be at least 18 years old (drivers license required).
Passengers must be at least 5 years old.
Passengers under 18 years old must be with a guardian 25 years or older.
Weight limit on all vehicles is 320 pounds per person.
Persons who have major neck or back problems, are pregnant, have extreme allergies to dust or pollen or have had recent surgeries within the last 3 months will not be allowed to participate.
- Special Notes:
- All of the pictures we take on the tour are FREE ($30 value). Kauai ATV will get 1 email address from the reservation party. A link containing the photos of your tour (taken by our guides) will be sent to that email address.
- Operation Days:
- 4 hours
- Kauai ATV Tours
- Polaris vehicle
Shirts, shorts, goggles and helmets are provided. Water shoes are available for purchase.