Kipu Ranch Adventures - Waterfall Picnic ATV Tour
This Kauai tour is currently unavailable for booking on our site. Please visit our Kauai tours page for
other available tours.
This adventure combines an ATV tour with spending time and swimming at a waterfall. Kipu Ranch is a 3,000-acre property with fun dirt trails to explore. It is home to an abundance of wildlife and features spectacular views of lush tropical landscapes.
You also get to jump into the Huleia River via an Indiana Jones style rope swing and splash in a spring-fed waterfall pond. After swimming, you’ll be served a delicious picnic-style sandwich lunch.
- Drive on an ATV through tropical forests, river valleys and rolling pastures
- See famous movie locations from Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Descendants
- Short hike to a private waterfall for a refreshing swim
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Drinks, snacks and a picnic lunch
- Helmets, goggles and bandannas
Teryx 4x4 (UTV): Seats 2-4 passengers. Driver must be at least 18 years old.
Guide Drive Option (UTV): If you prefer not to drive your own vehicle, you can choose this option where you can ride along in one of our UTVs with a guide. Passengers must be at least 9 years old. There are only 4 spaces on each tour for Guide Driven guests.
Kipu Ranch Adventures Picnic
Kauai Waterfall Pond
- Where and When:
- Tour times:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays : 8:00 am
Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays : 2:15 pm
Check in at Kipu Ranch Adventures, 235 Kipu Road, Lihue, HI 96766 View Map
From the North (Princeville) & East (Kapaa & Wailua Shores): Head South on Hwy 56 into the town of Lihue. Here Hwy 56 turns into Hwy 50. Follow Hwy 50 thru the town of Puhi, turn LEFT at the 3 mile marker (KIPU sign). Go 0.5 mile and take the first RIGHT (KIPU road, also NOT OUTLET sign), cross over small bridge and follow to the top. Take a RIGHT at our sign and pull into the first driveway. DO NOT go past the pine trees or monument.
From the South (Poipu or Koloa) & West (Waimea) Shores: Head EAST towards the town of Lihue on Hwy 50. Turn RIGHT after the Kauai Humane Society (Animal Shelter) on the "LIHUE ALTERNATE" road. Go 0.5 mile and take the first RIGHT (KIPU road, also NOT OUTLET sign), cross over small bridge and follow to the top. Take a RIGHT at our sign and pull into the first driveway. DO NOT go past the pine trees or monument.
- Driver must be at least 18 years old and must provide a valid driver's license.
Children must be at least 9 years old to be a passenger. Must be accompanied by an adult.
Participants who are aged 17 and under must have a legal guardian sign a waiver of liability form.
Pregnant women and people with back/knee problems or any serious health conditions may not participate.
Drug and/or alcohol use is not permitted before or during tours. Impaired participanation is not allowed for your safety.
This is a non-smoking tour.
Covered (closed-toed) shoes are mandatory. Long pants are optional. Safety helmets and goggles are provided by Kipu Ranch Adventures and are required for all guests to wear on tour.
All participants are required to read and sign a waiver of liability form.
Guests are required to arrive on-time. Tours operate on schedule and cannot wait for late guests.
Tours operate rain or shine with the exception of severe weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- 8% gratuity is required for parties of 8 or more and is collected on site on the Kipu Ranch Adventures.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
- 4 hours
- Kipu Ranch Adventures
- Maximum 12 vehicles on each tour
- The Teryx-4 750 4X4 offers an unbeatable riding experience with features such as power steering, automatic transmission, full back support seats, premium suspension, superior stylish cabin, seat belts, latch doors, full roll bar, and rear elevated seating for clear viewing from any location in the machine.
Safety helmets and goggles are provided by Kipu Ranch Adventures and are required for all guests to wear during the tour.